SING UNTIL YOUR LAST BREATH


I wonder how life would have been without an element called music. I even feel that there wouldn't have been a slightest possibility of me existing in this weird world without the presence of music. Some things accompany u right from the start and they tend to be with u till the very end of your journey. Well, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call it as my twin brother. As I recollect my past, My mom often told me that I was a stubborn baby who never ate food or slept properly without her singing a song. This was my fate when I was just an year old baby. 

Days passed, It was my schooling and I was a loner from a very young age. Even within the silence and darkness of my heart, I would often listen to my innerself constantly humming. Unfortunately I was the only one who could listen to it. At times, it kept singing even in the midst of a fired up conversation between me and my physics teacher who never managed to take a class without scolding me. I demanded my innerself,"why-me??. why do u gimme this torture??".  It would rebel and reply, "YOU FOOL!!. THEN GET A GIRL 4 URSELF I PROMISE TO STOP HUMMING AND START THINKING ABOUT HER". 

Well u might be thinking what-the-f***.  But this is the way I share my relation with music. It was there by my side in both the good and bad times. People came and went, but this is a long lasting friend of mine. It witnessed all my mood swings. Happiness, pain, anger, fear and what not. As I listen to music I witness a strange bliss, I feel something rising from my the bottom of my spine and I start feeling ecstatic. Say when I am happy, I realize that I involuntarily start tapping my feet humming a hip hop number like Eminem's-Never-Enough. Or when I walk alone, Iron maiden's fear-of-the-dark pops up. When I am in pain thinking about how I miss the good times that I spent with my beloved, my eyes start getting wet when an lp instrumental like what-I-ve-done plays in my painfilled heart. 

The intensity with which I share an unknown bondage with music cannot be expressed in words. Unfortunately, having so much of passion and love for music, I have compromised in life opting for a conventional career. But I am sure I will master atleast three instruments in life. If there isn't a chance to play them in front of the world, I would play them atleast for my wife on a romantic evening. :)

Cheers to music. 

9 Responses so far.

  1. Well, should agree with the fact that music is definitely an eternal friend..and it is probably the most effective mood moderator for anyone...Can really feel ur passion 4 music in dis post...good one!
    PS: M sure ur inner self has stopped humming now..lol!:)

  2. Nethra says:

    One who doesn't like music gotta be a psycho. It is normal to love music and not eating or sleeping unless your mom sung for you is normal, its same with most of the kids. Even I was like that :)

  3. Music, its awonderful thing it can be medicinal,theruapeutic, rejuvinating or simply soothing.I love it.

  4. a post relating music dat waz very nice
    good keep posting

  5. vineet says:

    i really agree with nethra n rest..nice take on music..bt still confine urself a bit..good post

  6. chitz says:

    nice one...music for me is a constant companion and a very good stress buster...

  7. Well well.. Very nicely written.. Loved reading about your passion for music.. :-)

  8. Tanima says:

    Very nicely expressed...I liked reading it.

  9. nikhil says:

    i agree with u. music is like a catalyst in a chemical reaction. the only difference is that music can only enhance one's good and bad moods, never perturbs.... well expressed!!

Leave a Reply

<>