CHANGE


It was just a few years ago, my mom was lecturing me about how people change after crossing their teenage..I strongly condemned her words that a bull size maturity comes on the top of ur head after crossing that period..At that point of time I felt it was a useless lecture and I challenged her that I was going to be the same old guy..As time moved on, I felt the need to take back my words..Yes, people do witness a change in life at some stage or the other..

I just feel a bit weird to reminisce about how I really was when I was in my early teens..I was a complete geek, shy to the core and comprehensively unfashionable..As far as studies were concerned I was good(and I hated that 'g-o-o-d') not until a math lecturer changed my outlook towards the prowess I possess..After that, the good-at-study-guy was renamed as the genius-at-study..Almost at the end of schooling, a completely shitty, crazy, nonsensical thing changed my life..I was nomore myself..Not myself in my attitude, personality, appearence or whatever..Well, thats it..After that the schooling was over..It was a sigh of relief(from one point of view)..

Well whats next??..A completely new chapter in life has started, preparing for the IIT's..It was a great start actually coz I was able to give space for myself and people recognized me for some reason or the other..Unlike in school, I was not one among many in the intermediate..Oh my gosh, words cant describe what life was at that time..I've seen what is joy..I often whispered to myself this-is-life..No room for emptiness, no room for grief..Everyday was new..I had a goal in front of me(IIT) but I never cared of it(curses to my over-confidence)..It was just that I was too much involved and immersed in my own life that I couldn't catch up with studies..In fact I never realized it would make a big difference..That was also the time when I changed into a dreamer..Well, I dreamt of many things..Literally, a hundred thousand things about how my life should be..But not even one of the hundred thousand things included the three letters IIT..(I curse myself for that though)..In-the-end the whole episode turned out to be devastating..I felt like a loser..There was nothing but failure in my life..Everything was falling apart..There was no way I could fix things up..God damn, just after a fun-filled episode in life, I've realized what is pain..I cursed myself coz I screwed up everything in life..I've realized that life never gives a second chance..Phew, I always thought, that part of my life was more like Chetan Bhagat's Five-point-someone..The caption deserves a change though..What-not-to-do-while-preparing-for-IIT's..;)

Time flew and somehow I managed to get seated in one-among-the-so-called good colleges..Engineering is again a new chapter..In the midst of it I crossed the last teen year..By the time people started calling me grandpa for the way I talk..People consider me as a nerd here..Damn, Never in my life people called me that..There were other changes too..I was no more dreaming..I started chasing dreams..Agression lessened..Patience increased..I am more on the philosophical tone now..hehe..This part of my life is more like The-Monk-who-sold-his-ferrari..I wonder what's next in the store..

Well, here I am laughing at what-I-was, admiring at what-I-am and wondering at what-I-am-going-to-be..Alas, its rightly said "there is only one constant thing in life...that is CHANGE.."

14 Responses so far.

  1. Yeah...you are right...Everything changes..even you change with everyday..by the experiences you get through the gruelling days...
    Well said...The only constant is change...
    Keep writing...

  2. Very well written... And it relates mostly to all those who had their over-confident b*tts kicked by da results..!!
    Yep..change is constant.. and da funniest thing about it is.. we always look back and think we are better than what we were before...!! And its good that u realised ur dreams and started ur voyage in pursuing them.. Good Luck dude..:)

  3. Nethra says:

    Yes, only change is constant. I have changed a lot yet I am the same. I no more know who I am. Confusion is also constant I guess.
    Cheers!

  4. Change is definitely an inevitable phenomenon..I kinda feel that the correlation between the IIT conquest and the change which struck upon u is pretty flimsy...anyways good show grandpa!(jus kiddin:))

  5. yeah change is constant in life ..the sooner you adapt to it the better it is for us :) n hey dont wory about the things you screwed up , may be something more nice is coming your way :)

  6. arjun says:

    CHANGE IS THE SPICE OF LIFE !!!

  7. nikhil says:

    well!! this is very interesting. Should have been more engrossing if u hadn't told all this to me b4. "change is the unchanging law of nature"- the gospel i believe in. The change which struck u is not a strange one, but the ur transformation into 'PHILOSOPHICAL, PATIENT, DREAMS' is quite astonishing.

    As a good friend of mine, in fact one of my best friends, i would like c that 1 feature 'AGGRESSION' in u, the stance which is common in u and me. I would be the first person to appreciate such a change in u. Donot let it go volatile(..being like a monk is inadmissible...STOP that). Renaissance--- innovating myself........ should be applied to ur life. This is just a suggestion dude

  8. You expressed the change nicely dude....

    An advise stop using chat language,your vocab hats of to it!

    God Bless...

  9. neeraj says:

    dude u remeber our iit preparations...lol
    chai chai chai
    i made u drink ...lol

  10. Yemiledu says:

    Experiences changes everyone.
    Sooner or later everyone becomes matured:)

  11. Yemiledu says:

    And I guess I have leaned and changed in the past one year:) What I underwent was tough..but it was all worth it :)

  12. prashant says:

    I remember reading an article, that Buddha's favourite quote was 'CHANGE IS ONLY THE CONSTANT THING IS LIFE'

  13. This writing is worth reading...

    Good job....

    Keep it up!

  14. Being a management student I know that the first thing we are always taught in college is that 'Change is Constant'.. and that change is not always pleasant.. whether personally or professionally doesn't matter. Well written. :)

Leave a Reply

<>