COFFEE AND LIFE


I carefully sat on the wooden bench in the park with a cup of coffee in my hands staring at the crimson sunset..Sssss...The sip of coffee stimulated my hormones..It triggered too many emotions within me..

Sip 1: I was eight, playing cricket with dad..I couldn't even grip the heavy bat but still I won the game after dad gave me ten chances to bat..

Sip 2: I was fourteen..A kiddo learning biology..I was brainwashed by my friends about Life process-3 and the hormonal changes that take place in guys and girls..I looked at girls with a boy's eyes..

Sip 3: I was seventeen, cuddling across the couch with my beloved, tickling her hair, sharing intimate emotions, forgetting that the world had existed..We were in love..Truly, madly, deeply immersed in an ocean of love..

Sip 4: I was nineteen..It was the day I broke up with her..It was the day my world crashed..It was the day I forgot how to smile..I lost track of time..A part of me was already dead..Was I alive??..I really had no idea..All that was left within me was a complete numbness..

Sip 5: I was 22..Many girls had asked me out..I could never look at these girls with the same eyes with which I had seen her..Dead or alive, she was the only woman for me in this world..I lived with her memories..We still remained to be friends but I hated it..I wished that someone could listen to my silent screams of how much I loved her..Three years passed since we broke up..I grew a lot, so did my love for her..

Sip 6: I was 24..She invited me to her wedding anniversary..For the last time, I went to look at the beautiful face of my beloved..I carved her image deep into my heart with the blades of love..It wasn't an easy task to erase it..In the wedding I saw the bridegroom whisper something into her ears while she meddled with the artistic strands of her curly hair..She was not mine..I could never tickle her beautiful hair again..I cried..I wish I could die..

Sip 7: Two weeks, after her wedding, I attempted for a suicide..I opened my eyes in a hospital and witnessed all my family members in front..Mom said,"You should have killed us all before making an attempt to die..You are the sole reason for us to be alive"..I realized, I was wrong..I always cared for the one I love but gave a damn for the ones who loved me..

Sip 8: I was 27..The marriage ritual started..The girl was mom's choice..A well educated, traditional and beautiful girl..I held her hand to walk around the fire worrying about the fact that I was probably cheating on her..There is no way I could love her..

Sip 9: Six months after the wedding..We went on a honeymoon trip to New Zealand..She tried to connect with me but I could hardly speak to her..She closed in to kiss..I backed off in the midst..It reminded me of my ex..

Sip 10: I was 29..Two years passed since marriage.. By then, I could find a good friend in my wife..One night, resting on my arm, she questioned me, "I have always tried my best to keep you smiling..Why don't you look at me like a woman??..Is there a mistake of mine??..Why don't you love me??"..She wept..I could see the love for me in her tears..This was the moment..I fell in love with her..We kissed and made love..

Sip 11: I was 30..I was the father of a baby girl..I witnessed new love in life..Time flew, She crawled..She stood on her legs..She talked..She walked..She went to school..She shouted, Daadddeeeeee and kissed me but never allowed me to kiss her..She complained that my beard and moustache pricked her beautiful cheeks..

Sip 12: I was 40..I saw my lovable parents growing older..They supported me in every single moment..Now it was time for me to give a shoulder to them to rest upon..My love for them grew hundred fold..

Sip 13: I was 50..I warned the guys who troubled my daughter in matters of love..I felt insecure..My baby understood my feelings..She hugged me and said, "Dad!! you are the only man I love..I am not interested in this love games..Just show me the guy and I will marry him..You always gave me the best in life and I still believe in it..I love you dad.." Tears of joy wet my cheeks..I was a proud that my baby grew up into a woman..

Sip 13: I was 54..My daughter got married to the guy I had shown..She was a blessed child..A gift of god..I was immersed in an ocean of pain, when I acknowledged the fact that she was about to leave me..

Sip 14: I am 65 now..Yesterday night, I had a sweet and memorable, heart to heart chat with my wife..I told her about my ex for the first time..She laughed..We talked about our marriage, our love, our daughter, our 9 yr old grandson who loves us more than anyone else..It was a beautiful moment to share..A gray haired man and a gray haired woman still in love..We both fell into deep sleep..Today morning, I tried to wake her up but she didn't..She was dead already..I am too old and weak now to bear the pain of losing a loved one..She accepted me, she changed me, she loved me with her life and now she is gone..

Sip 15: This old man is totally powerless..I had witnessed enough pleasures and sorrows in life..I bend my head and surrender myself to the force of destiny, awaiting death..Now there is nothing left for me to do..

On the account of the pain and joy that I witnessed in my life, I feel that life is just like having a cup of coffee..Either good or bad, I relish each and every moment of life like a sip of coffee until I realize that "THERE IS NO MORE COFFEE TO SIP"..

28 Responses so far.

  1. Nethra says:

    I liked the second sip. :P
    It was a very very nice post. Good read. :)

  2. divya says:

    oh my god..!! that was awesome vam.. i loved it..!!:)

  3. pavani says:

    woww.!!.......fascinating n absorbing.
    i loved this post!

  4. really vamsi, u r gud at dis.. i reckon u betr stop calin urself an engnr n start weighin options..

  5. Rapideo says:

    Nice Article Mate Seeya With Some New Post

  6. vamsi says:

    @nethra, pavani, rapideo, rahul: thanks a tonne..:)

    @divya hohoho..cant believe div is commenting on my post..Ur comment is special..thank you da..:):)

  7. vineet says:

    vamshi u rock man, perhaps d best post dese dayz i hv gone thru, highly absorbing,awesome

  8. This comment has been removed by the author.
  9. Hmmm.. coffee..!! This gets a lot of things into my mind!
    A sweet description of phases of life..! Simply superb, vk.

  10. wow! I really like the coffee-life analogy. Sips 7 and 14 were very moving..terrific work!

  11. Anonymous says:

    Oh! mi GOD !!! awesom man ... felt like i watched a movie... dis is truly a master piece !! Great !

  12. arjun says:

    Oh! mi GOD !!! awesom man ... felt like i watched a movie... dis is truly a master piece !! Great !

    arjun

  13. Hey Vamsi..this was again yet another touching post .I liked the closing line much ...it added more flavour to the whole post!

  14. @Vamsi The coffee did taste differently at different points of time...quiet innovative blog. Very nicely written.

  15. auDI says:

    my first comment on ur article.....awesome man...totally striken....

    concept- vamsi
    direction- shekar kammula
    any hero....

    BlockBuster hit....my opinion

  16. Vinayak says:

    very nice post
    and ur blog is awesome
    gr8 theme and gr8 font also
    keep blogging

  17. Nice post
    -------
    Hi
    I have started a new blog for blog submission and link exchange.
    Please submit your blog or url on my blog to incease your blog visits.
    Look at my blog first and you are going to know how it works
    http://free-blog-submit-linkexchange.blogspot.com/

  18. nikhil says:

    a unique theme. I wonder thr z hardly anybody in this universe who cn think as sundry as u do. U kept in check of ur future throughout this post :D :). I know u like 2 have a daughter..:P:P...well done!! even more impressed

  19. vamsi says:

    @nikhil chill man chill..I never told this is my future..I am not an astrologer either lol..:)

  20. whoa..
    lovely

    loved tha last line abt life is like sips and i also liked the line.. i gray haired old man one gray haired old woman still in love..

  21. Lovely and Touching.. Your imagination is way too good.. :)

  22. impuregod says:

    hey.... a really nice one. A honest life of a common man described with sheer perfection. It was a great read. and ya... coffee is s great addiction.... will be lookin out fo more..... keep bloggin...

  23. Chetan says:

    hey man..
    great one
    please also check out this one-

    http://thoughtsofchetan.blogspot.com/2009/10/cup-of-tea_24.html

  24. I loved the narrative style...it's very unique!And so is the theme you picked! :)

  25. Zave says:
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  26. very beautifully written :) the analogy is bitter sweet just like coffee.

  27. Sweta says:

    very touching.... i loved it :) really

  28. Spriha says:

    Its a treat reading such a nice piece of writing... :)

Leave a Reply

<>