Wish


This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 12; the twelfth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

 Year 1841 A.D

Prince Evan Lionel sped towards the sea with the speed of wind..Fresh tears wet his face as they oozed out of his blood red eyes..His heart craved for Naomi..For seven long years Evan and Naomi were together, and shared a bond like the body and soul, that harnessed unconditional love..The bond was shattered on the night before their wedding when Naomi was poisoned to death by Evan's father for secretly being in love with the prince..Prince Evan was totally swept by the tide of agony that hit him hard..He cursed himself for not being able to protect his love..He blamed himself as the reason for Naomi's death..Out of sheer love and agony, he moved closer and closer into the sea..He knew that the pain wouldnt last long as he was going to give up his life..Within minutes, he was struggling for breath..In a way he felt happy for the last seven years of his life in the company of his beloved..But then, he realized he couldnt marry her and live a life in her company..It was the wish that was left unfulfilled..In his final moment, Evan uttered..

"NAOMI..!! Into this darkness, I come to ask of your hand once more, to be my bride..I WISH TO LOVE YOU MORE..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Year 2010

New projects piled upon my desk..I was in desperate need to take a break from my mundane daily routine..To save myself from my personal misery, I took a leave to spend some quality time in the nearby hill station..It was in the evening that I went out for a boat ride..The boat wasnt too comfy but then the romanticism in the weather and the beauty of the place were worth watching, even if it were in a small boat..The boat sailed in..It took me around 10 minutes to find out that there was a girl sitting next to me..We exchanged a hello-how-do-you-do kind of look and started a conversation..

As the conversation grew, I suddenly realised this irresistable instinct in me to love her..Now I know this is strange..I was never a person who could be provoked so easily..Like I literally hate those love-at-first-sight-crap..I must admit that I had fallen in love with this girl (god only knows the reason why) not at the first sight but certainly after we started talking..I started comprehending the possibilities of why I was being pulled towards this girl like a magnet..Honestly, she wasnt the most beautiful girl I ever saw..She is one of those not-so-bad-looking-girls with long straight hair and sharp features..But then it is undeniable that her gestures were cute and appealed me..We spoke about many things wherein I realized that every now and then she mocked me (for fun) in a way that pricked my ego..I usually cannot stand such people but then I realized that I was stuck up in the middle of the lake, on this boat with this woman who unconsciously played with all my emotions..It was an unfathomable emotion of love that was inherently gushing out of my aura to reach her..Though I met this woman, minutes ago, I had a gut feeling that we had known each other before..Because there are hell lot of friends and people in my life who never got along with me even after knowing me for years together ..

At times, I totally forgot what she was talking about and blindly stared at her eyes with lots of love..Occasionally, as the boat sailed, her body brushed against mine..It was a great feeling accompanied by an adrenalin rush..Her touch was totally weird..Honestly, it didnt arouse me but provoked a strange feeling of warmth and love, that seemed terribly unconditional..I felt the desperate need to stay that way with her for ever and ever..However, I realized that her company wouldnt last longer..I knew that I had to express my love for her but it was totally unlike me..I was never the see-and-propose kind of guy..I was battling my thoughts about how she would react..I knew that my feelings for her were mysteriously profound, but then, any other road-side-romeo would say the same things to win a girl..Now would she think that I belong to the road-side-romeo category??..Would she ever understand my weird love for her??..Would she feel the mysterious human bondage between our souls??..What if she rejected??..What if she felt nothing like me??..

More the questions that I posed to myself, more confused I became..So I spared all these thoughts and listened to the voice of my innerself that whispered a truth..I gathered courage, took her hand into mine and blurted out,

"Please do not let go of your hand..Spare me for the weirdness..Let's get married..I WISH TO LOVE YOU MORE.."

P.S: I strongly believe that the reason behind human existence is the wish of the heart that eventually gets evolved into a desire..We see ourselves where the wish and will of the heart lies..A wish that sprouts from the bottom of the heart shall remain intact and drives the instincts of the soul till the ends of time, until and unless it gets fulfilled..
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.


18 Responses so far.

  1. I have read alot of writings..of yours obviously.The thing is that it appealed to me great in the begining and did ask the question 'Will she accept him?' But i believe u leave rest for the readers to think.I wud have loved to read yr end of story...must have written more...

  2. pavani says:

    u tuk 10 mins to knw dat der ws a girl sittig nxt to u??? strange!!! or was the place DAT beautiful??
    so hw did dat 'not so bad lukin girl' answer to ur futile questions?? i mean i wuld hv loved to read ur ending...
    n odrwys sweet story :)

  3. vamsi says:

    @Ricky thanks a lot abhinav..Yeah guess you understood me well..I do end up posts abruptly sometimes to leave things to the imagination of the reader..Well if u ask me about this post's ending, as a reader/author I wish for the girl to accept his wedding proposal..:)

    @pavani yeah I mentioned that it was a hill station right..SO it must be pretty beautiful..:D The thing I wanted to talk about in this post is the power of WISH alone..A happy or sad ending is not what I wanted to focus on..

    According to me, if there was a happy ending, the wish would be fulfilled..On the contrary, if it was a sad ending, the wish would never fade and the saga will continue along with time.. :)

  4. What a love................. What a wish...........

    I wish you a good luck for BATOM - 12

    Saravana Kumar - Wish

    Yours Frendly,
    Saravana Kumar M

  5. vamsi says:

    thanks buddy..wish u the same..will visit ur blog too :)

  6. Advaita says:

    :-) enjoyed very much!!!

  7. Amity says:

    Cute story and interesting story...:-)

    I also like the prologue that you wrote...:-)

  8. vamsi says:

    @Advaitha nad Amity : Thanks for dropping by.. :)

  9. Very heartfelt and sincere-honest and brimming with the earnestness that love inspires in true souls.
    Loved it !

  10. vamsi says:

    I liked your comment Brijender.. Guess you are one who truly understood what I was trying to convey..:)

  11. Jaspreet says:

    Amazing story!!...love in its purest form needs no reasons.
    All d best :)

  12. Well Reincarnations.. not my cup of tea.. but nice stories with gripping narration and simple yet elegant vocabulary and grammar, definitely is.. Loved the post.. All the Best for BAT :)
    Nd yeah, welcome to this event.. keep enriching it with ur participation :)

  13. D2 says:

    Loved the concept. And the conclusion to the story is the way I would like it, for this one, anyway; unsure of what might happen next.
    Beautifully written.
    All the best for BAT-12.
    :)

  14. easyvivek says:

    i like open endings..
    the world u painted was quite surreal but i believe these things do happen :)
    but i guess the roman n byzantine empire had died out by 1841 AD, in fact the whole of middle age had collapsed by the 15th century:P
    the plot was cool n daring nevertheless

  15. Honest narration and intriguing end...

    Yea, the line is thin between wish and desire..

  16. Nethra says:

    Though a cliched storyline the narration and the open ended ending made the story interesting. Overall, it was nice. :) Beautifully narrated! :)

  17. KG says:

    That's a good prose I have read on blogspot in a while. Beautifully written and carried on to leave the rest to reader's imagination.

  18. nikhil says:

    the prologue was very touchy, remarkably enunciated. Everything plummeted a piece for Evan at the death of his beloved. Anyone is bound to be overwhelmed by the enduring power of love whose impetus is the WISH of the heart. U were propelled into an anomalous state of seeming to accept the procedures u despise, finally giving up attitude. Love motivates veracious souls- the concept portrayed very well. Keep posting more such love narratives :D :)

Leave a Reply

<>