A Journey Called Blogging


As I carefully scroll across the fifty blogposts that I've written till date, I am amused by the discovery of my own self. I see how my thoughts have evolved, and I must admit that blogging did leave a tremendous impact on me. Back then when I was a kid, I had no clue about what blogging was. No matter how much I googled the word blogging, I never really understood the motive behind writing blogs until I was 18. I was then struck by the thought that I must start a blog on philosophy, to let people know about the search for the esoteric truth, to share some of my gyaan with the world. I was a total amateur then, Not that I am a pro now, but still I am a much better writer now than compared to what I was a few years ago. I had written a couple of blogs about god and philosophy but then I was sad that none of the readers really took interest in such subjects.

I then realized after reading a few popular weblogs that readers are more interested in masala. More the spice in the content you write, more the chances of gaining readers to your blog, and hence I put a pause on the philosophy blog, created a brand new personal blog (the one you are seeing now), and put in all interesting crap making desperate attempts to ring reader's bells. Well it all started with the experience of invoking a spirit using the Ouija board, went on with few personal incidents in my life. Having written half a dozen blogposts, I realized that people were actually beginning to like what I write but the difficult part of the story was to keep up with reader's expectations. At a point of time I was totally clueless about the topics to share. I had written a couple of blogs on love and then an eye opening truth that love always sells revealed itself to me. People never get tired of reading about love. So I started taking up the genre of love based on fiction, started writing lame stuff which I claimed to be poems but eventually got better at the whole writing thing. I spoke of pyschopaths, drunkards, vampires, kings of the historic times, sci fi fictional robots, black magicians. I spoke of emotions ranging from humor, love, hatred, anger, evil, pain, et al.

Well, I feel like an old grandpa in blogging now. I totally admit that 50 blog posts is just too little to claim oneself as a grandpa in blogging. But it is not just about the number, it is about the way I evolved while going through all this. Today I am least interested to write blogposts on love, I so feel that the romantic in me is dead. I wonder if this has got to do something with the age. At a point of time I was worried about losing readers, I sincerely followed through my readers, persistently, politely prompting them to read my blogs. Now I am too tired. Tired to keep up with the you-follow-me-I-will-follow-you business or the mutual commenting agreement among bloggers. I am tired of trying to make my blog popular in public directories and forums. I still do read a lot of blogs. At times I drop a comment, at times I don't. Nevertheless, I love reading articles. Off late, I have been writing just to quench my hunger to write and to evolve in this whole process. To be honest, the only readers for my blog (currently) include a few from facebook and twitter (thanks to networked blogs), few random people from around the world (thanks to google) and yes of course my mom at times, who occassionally whines about the crap I write.

Despite all the lack of readership, I remain unperturbed. Mostly because, I realized that writing is not a passion to me. It is just a part time thing that I enjoy besides my work. Even if readers admit it or not, I know that I've been a descent blogger all through these two years. I have adhered to few blogging rules and ethics that I've layed upon myself. My only motive of blogging has been TO blog, to share what I write with the world and nothing else. Like some of the bloggers I know of, I've never harassed readers with annoying GRE vocabulary in my blog posts. I've always layed emphasis on the content of the post rather than pondering over how I presented myself as a writer. I've never tried to educate readers on anything. Irrespective of whether they liked it or not, I've tried my best to share amusing stuff on my blog. 


Ahh well! It is a long way since the day since I've started blogging a couple of years before. Besides everything, blogging had helped in a number of ways both professionally and personally. I am also delighted by the fact that, now, the whole process of putting thoughts on a paper comes easy to me. Apparently, I am not good at expressing my emotions/feelings with anyone. I am the kind of person who usually keeps to himself. Good or bad, Joy, pain or grief, whatsoever be the feeling or emotion, I seldom share it with people. Albeit my incapability of doing so, blogging has given me a platform to voice out my opinions and vent out a li'l bit of my personality which most of the people around me were unaware of until I started writing. All thanks to blogging and the few loveable readers who still continue to take some time off to read the crap I write. :)

4 Responses so far.

  1. pavani says:

    hey vamsi... it seems u r taking retirement from blogging :)
    For me, psycopath and that post wriiten on ur grandma were d besttt !! dat grandma 1 was simple and deeply touching post...i loved (with a lot of stress) it. :) and psycopath is highly provoking.

  2. VeeKay says:

    Hey hey who said I am retiring..:D I'll lose even the few readers if you advertise like that. hehe. Anyways or has been a long time. Thanks for the comment pavani :-)

  3. Grandpa/ Big Daddy! ;-)
    I absolutely love aaallll your posts, this one too!!
    Yes, you are right one definitely evolves in this process, i too have, so, i can understand totally :)
    And as i have told u so many times, you have been a major inspiration for me to start blogging !!
    Looking fwd to see more posts by u Thatha :D

  4. Shane says:

    VeeKay,

    When I started my personal blog I had no idea what I wanted to write about. I was in a new, and uncomfortable, place emotionally and thought it would be an excellent way to humorously express my emotions.

    That didn't last long.

    Eventually it became a place where I would write about things that I thought were hilarious, if the mood struck me. I learned from all of it that I was very passionate about. But my work never reached an audience outside my small circle of friends, and yes, my mother and father.

    Unlike you, I've never done any work to attract visitors to my blog so I've never had to cater to an audience. However, that is the biggest folly of any blog; there comes a time when one must decide to adjust their style for a growing audience or stick to their guns and do what they love.

    I've always stuck to my guns, but it's a struggle and I sometimes wonder if there is a way to attract readers to my personal site. I'll leave comments on other blogs should the content of their posts compel me to do so, as several of your posts have.

    From one blogger to another, I hope that in writing this most recent post you have opened your mind to your talents. Event though you claim to not be passionate about writing, I think it takes a certain amount of passion to stick with something of your own free-will for such a long time. I hope you will continue to post about things you feel passionate about, not things to draw in an audience.

    --Shane

    P.S. The link back on my name is to a collaborative project I have been working on with a friend, not my personal blog. If the passion to read it strikes your fancy, I'm sure you can find it. :)

Leave a Reply

<>